Monday, November 21, 2016

Grooming . . . Da Horrors!!


I had to endure an HOUR of hand strippin yesterday!!  OMD!!!  Ya wouldn't believe da amount of fur momma got off of me!!  And yeah, I are still SUPER fluffy too!


Brinley got to escape da strippin - yesterday anyways.  I hear she are gonna be in for it soon.


Don't look at me to help ya BFF, ya didn't come rescue me!  Maybe momma just wanted me to look good for da sellabratin dis week . . .


Now I are takin some dicktatayshuns from my momma.  Cuz she knows more bout dis dan me.  #SpoilerAlert - break out da tisshoes.

My momma and Brinley's momma buried Whitley today.  As most of y'all know, she wuz cremated when she died and da mommas has been workin on gettin da garden ready.  Diggin and diggin and diggin and buyin all kindsa pretty pink and white flowers for her.  She got a spot right by da pool, which wuz her favorite place.  At least dat are what momma says.


Da mommas didn't bury da box - Whitley's ashes went right into da ground so she can help da garden grow.  As a lil girl, momma read dis book called The Tenth Good Thing About Barney.  It helped her feel a lil better about the death of her firstest kitty cat, Bevo - he was in the ground too and helping the garden grow.  And now Whitley is.  She's joined her friends Hanky Panky, Charlie, Jezebel, and Maurice in helping our garden here.
  

I know it duzn't look like a whole ton right now, but da mommas say it are gonna be beeyootifull in da spring when da flowers start bloomin.

34 comments:

  1. Know you still miss Whitley as do we all. I think what you did is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, we know it was a heartbreaking labor of love. Hugs to your momma.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy and Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it wuz real sad, but momma are happy Whitley are in her final resting place now.

      Delete
  3. RIP Whitley. This post got us all teary...

    Hugs to Whitleys momma,
    Bowie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your Whitley garden will be a beautiful place next spring... Whitley was the Queen of all fashion and she had the bestest paw for style, so you will get the most beautiful spot of the whole US soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous place for Whitley. She'll always be there...

    Stripping...yuck. Dui has a special rake for his fur, he still always looks bushy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We know that Whitley's flowers will be the most gorgeous because we tended angel Mitch's garden all summer long and his was so serene and so beautiful. Hugs to your momma♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so very hard to lose our furry family members...we just know that the Whitley garden will be beautiful...sending hugs to your momma and her momma. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fank you. Momma has been thinkin bout Whitley a lot dis month since she got Whitley in November.

      Delete
  8. Hari OM
    You are looking wondfurly fluffy Kinley and I am sure Brinley will after her turn... and I think that is a grrrreat place for Whitley to rest... to continue through the flowers and plants which will grow there! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We get hand stripped too and I don't like it one bit! It does feel good when it is done, though. Can't wait to see the garden in the spring. I'm sure it was hard for your mom to bury Whitley, but it was the right time for her to do it. She will always be in her heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we just were waiting till we got da garden spot all dug up and ready to be planted.

      Delete
  10. That's a beautiful spot for Whitley to watch over y'all!

    Edgar and his mum

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just know that Whitley's garden will look spectacular in the spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought you might throw the ashes in the pool so she could play pool ball forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't want to clog da pool cleaner, BOL!

      But it are RIGHT next to da pool - as close as we could get.

      Delete
  13. What a beautiful tribute for Whitley, I'm sorry I didn't get to know her. You are a real cutie, I have a new Westie friend, part Corgie too, Clarence is a real character and quite a handful. Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  14. They call it strippin, we call it pull your hairs out
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is a wonderful way to remember Whitley. She will be forever in the beautiful flowers that grow.
    big pug hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely way to remember Whitley, we are sure the garden is going to be extra beautimous next Spring!!
    Hugs!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo
    PeeEss...Sorry about all the hair pullin' Kinley!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we are gonna be takin lotsa pics for Flower Fridays!!

      Delete
  17. I am glad I only need a bath now and then and those are bad enough...my doggy cousin lets all the neighbors know he is dying when my auntie grooms him...he is a Cairn, so needs similar work on his furry floofs.

    What tenderness I see as your Momma is holding that box...and now petcretary has one of those lumpy things in her throat...

    I just *know* the flowers will be extra bright and beautiful come spring. What a special tribute and each year it will grow lovelier and you will remember all the good times you had together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, momma says I are "even worse" than Whitley bout groomin.

      Delete

Leave me a woof, I'll bark right back atcha!