Friday, July 22, 2022

Kinley and the Three Hundred (Almost) Dollar Fart

 

Ok, so it wuz actually a two hundred and seventy four dollars and sixty four cent fart, but three hundred has a better ring to it . . .


It all started last nite. Yesterday I had had my bath and done my normal crazy run around da apartment thing. Which I always follow up wif a nice long nap. Well, I wuz nappin and momma wuz watchin da latest episode of America's Got Treason when I let out a loud yelp. She didn't really think anything of it - she just thought I had a bad dream. Well, later, she went to feed me and I didn't wanna move. Which if ya know ME - not moving when dinner are served are NOT ME. I wuz curled up in a ball and seemed like I wuz in pain. I could barely stand and I wouldn't eat my food or drink anything when momma put me down in front of it. She wondered if I had torn a muscle or thrown out my back or somefin during my post-bath crazies. But it wuz late and she thought I might feel better in da morning. Well pals, I didn't. I wuz still not wanting to walk or eat or drink and all I want to do wuz curl in a ball and cuddle momma. So I got to go meet da new vet Travis wuz meowin about - dey managed to squeeze me in wif a drop-off appointment. Well, da vet noticed my tummy felt funny and did x-rays. And I wuz full of gas. Yup, I wuz a gassy lassy. They kept me for a while after giving me some barium to make shure there wuzn't an obstrukshun and did more x-rays . . . well, it really wuz just gas. Momma says I shoulda just farted and then she woulda saved three hundred dollars. Hey momma, it ackshually wuz two hundred and seventy four dollars and sixty four cents . . .

16 comments:

  1. Kinley, that was some gaseous bubble to cause you so much discomfort. Glad it wasn't anything else...at least your Momma can rest easy knowing that...huge bill or not!
    Now you gotta find out why that came about...Hmmm...

    We are happy that all is well, KInley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Da vet said it coulda been all kindsa things. Momma thinks it mighta been stress since a big aggressive dog ran at me earlier this week and freaked me out.

      Delete
  2. Hari Om
    ...okay, giggling aside, Kinley, gas is explosive. What if mum had lit a match near you? I think that nearly three hundred squizzers was well worth the defusing of that bomb! (Though you might want to think about not being so polite if that happens again and just lett off a flameless blast!) Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are feeling better Kinley. Gas can be very uncomfortable and it is not always easy to fart on command ;)
    Purrs this will not happen again.

    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail says with the price of natural gas these days your momma should have bagged it all up and offered it for sale and she might even be quids in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure gave your mom a scare, Kinley. We're glad you are feeling better even if your mom's wallet is hurting a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Momma wuz afraid wif multiple rounds of X-rays that it would be even higher.

      Delete
  6. Gosh Kinley ! It is good that you tturned out to be ok...after all the tummy troubles Travis has had she had to be very very worried. We are always glad to find out a safe solution to our furkids problems, even when it costs $$$.
    An we are glad you like the new vet too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief! What a crazy story! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a woof, I'll bark right back atcha!